“SECOND TERROR ATTACK FOILED Spanish police kill five suspects hours after Barcelona massacre” -Fox News

Fox News

Source

Citizen Stream Media’s Mission, And You

Summary: ‘ “It was clearly a terror attack, intended to kill as numerous people as possible,” senior police official Josep Lluis Trapero said at a news conference. He acknowledged that ISIS took credit, for the attack and said “whoever is responsible ought to know, in addition to our allies, we will punish those responsible” and rid “Islamic terror” from the world. Albert Tort, a 47-year-old nurse who lives near Las Ramblas, told El Pais that what he saw at the scene was an “authentic disaster.” President Trump condemned the attack, saying in a tweet, “The United States condemns the terror attack in Barcelona, Spain and will do whatever is absolutely necessary to help.

State-run broadcaster RTVE reported the suspects attempted to implement a analogous attack to the one in Barcelona, by driving a vehicle into pedestrians. “I heard a lot of people screaming, and then I saw the van going down the boulevard,” an additional witness, Miguel Angel Rizo, said, “You shall be able to see all of the bodies lying through Las Ramblas. BARCELONA ‘TERROR’: TRUMP, STATE DEPARTMENT MONITORING SPAIN ATTACK “This latest attack, the worst terror attack on Spanish soil since the 2004 Madrid train bombings, shows us again that radical Islamic terrorism is one of the greatest threats that we face today,” Pence said. “ISIS has taken credit, for this barbaric attack but whoever is responsible ought to know that the United States of America, in addition to our allies, will find, and punish those responsible and drive the evil of radical Islamic terror from the face of the Earth.” Barcelona’s tourism association has offered rooms in area hotels to tourists who’ve been displaced by ther attack.

17, 2017  (AP Photo/Manu Fernandez) BARCELONA TERROR ATTACK: TIMELINE OF RECENT VEHICLE INCIDENTS IN EUROPE The white van jumped onto a promenade, and sped through a pedestrian zone on Las Ramblas of Barcelona, the famous main pedestrian walk way that crosses the city. Police officers tell members of the general public to depart the scene in a street in Barcelona, Spain, Thursday, Aug. The National Counterterrorism Center, the government hub, for threat analysis, confirmed to Fox News the centre is monitoring the events in Barcelona, and note the utilize of a vehicle as a weapon. Authorities confirmed that police fatally shot the driver of a vehicle that drove through a police checkpoint, and struck two officers previously in time but a Catalan police official said the dead driver “doesn’t have any connection with the terrorist attack we’re investigating.” The scene in Barcelona. Barcelona resident Keith Fleming told the Associated Press he was watching television in his building on a side street just off of Las Ramblas when he heard a noise, and went out to the balcony to investigate.

Speaking from Panama, Vice President Pence called the day “tragic.” BARCELONA ATTACK: WITNESSES DESCRIBE ‘CHAOS’ IN THE STREETS at the end of DEADLY CRASH Meantime, authorities were on the hunt, for the van driver that killed at least 13 people, and injured more than 100. citizens in Spain, to call 88-407-4747 if in the U.S. On Twitter, the Department said those who need information on U.S. Be tough & strong, we love you!” Emergency services in Catalonia say they’ve asked the Metro, and train services in the area to close. A senior police official said the van attack is connected to a gas violent explosion inside a house in the town of Alcanar Wednesday, in which one person was killed, and seven were injured. Police in Spain announced early Friday they killed five people in a suspected second terror attack in Cambrils, hours at the end of a van rammed into a crowd about 70 miles away in Barcelona, killing at least 13 people.

BREAKING: ‘Amaq News Agency reported #ISIS responsibility, for #Barcelona attack #Spain pic.twitter.com/W8FFz7qBz6 Police initially named Driss Oukabir, the Moroccan, as a suspect in the attack. Intense gunfire shall be able to be heard in the city of #Cambrils as an anti-terrorist operation continues near the city centre.pic.twitter.com/cK7AQaas52 The regional police force said it is working to find out if the suspects in Cambrils were linked to the Barcelona attack, and, also to a Wednesday night gas violent explosion in Alcanar, which left one person dead….Read The Full Article Here

You Must Be Signed In To Rate News Items

Register       Sign In

Make Your Voice Heard, Give Us Your Rating

Is The Source News Item Fake News?

Strongly Disagree

Disagree

Unsure

Agree

Strongly Agree

Does The Source News Item Have Bias?

Strongly Liberal

Leans Liberal

Unbias Objective

Leans Conservative

Strongly Conservative

Is The Source News Item Sensationalized?

Strongly Disagree

Disagree

Unsure

Agree

Strongly Agree


keywords: police
said
attack
attacks
barcelona
people

<:inline inline:>

Please follow and like us: